Interested in joining our team? We are always looking for detail-oriented and motivated professionals with a commitment to integrity. Please see below for our current position openings.
Gerbel & Company, P.C., a CPA firm in Southwest Michigan, seeks an Accountant to provide exceptional service to our individual, corporate and municipal clients.
Staff Accountants at Gerbel & Company perform various “hands on” financial, accounting and taxation functions for clients. Duties include:
- Basic accounting
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of individual, partnership, fiduciary and corporate tax returns
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting (required)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (required)
- Ability to think analytically and respond to financial and accounting-related inquiries
- Ability to identify and resolve financial and payroll issues
- Ability to manage workflow to effectively meet and exceed the client’s needs and expectations
In addition, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on delivering helpful, friendly customer service
- Team-oriented, with an outgoing personality and desire to engage with colleagues
- Ability to think spontaneously
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Potential to become a leader in the firm
Gerbel & Company was founded in 1968 by Robert L. Gerbel. The firm, located in St. Joseph, MI, prides itself on core values like accuracy, timeliness and problem solving, and possesses an excellent reputation in Southwest Michigan and beyond. Corporate clients come from a variety of industries, including manufacturing, agriculture, health care and hospitality. Municipalities, school districts and individuals also rely on Gerbel & Company to provide professional tax, auditing and financial advisory services.
Mr. Gerbel considers his firm a family and personally mentors each staff member, providing meaningful opportunities for professional development and growth within the company. He also encourages his staff to be engaged in the local St. Joseph community. Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, St. Joseph is best known for its summer recreational and cultural opportunities, but year-round residents also benefit from its quality schools, health care system, diversity and close-knit community.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and a copy of college transcripts to:
Ms. Marcia Graham, Firm Administrator
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of two years of current public accounting experience, audit and tax. Computer literate with excellent communication skills, highly motivated with the highest standards of ethics.
Recent college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in accounting. Computer literate with excellent communication skills, highly motivated with the highest standards of ethics.
We are proud to offer challenging assignments, a pleasant, team-oriented work environment, and competitive compensation and benefits. As an equal opportunity employer, we commit to recruiting, selection and employment without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, weight or sex.